Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Good People

There are none. There is a fundamental belief in many of todays cultures that people are basically good with a few exceptions. I don't know how we came up with this idea. Spending only a few minutes scrolling through my Facebook feed I can easily make a case for the depravity of man. We are bad, all of us. We don't even measure up to our own standards. Sure, if we compare our daily actions on our best days to the actions of the psychos in the news on their worst days we can feel a little bit better about ourselves, but if we are honest we can easily see that we are broken.

Understanding the brokenness of men helps. I am no longer surprised when a friend goes off the deep end. I am not longer surprised when I am drawn after destruction. Evil is in me. We are fallen creatures living in a fallen world.

Why after millions of years of evolution do I still crave sugar? Why haven't I been born with a desire for broccoli? We are prone to destruction.

Good people don't need a Savior.

Mark 10:19 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment