Thursday, March 27, 2014

Draw Near

Sometimes I feel like Israel. When things are going well I forget God and get busy enjoying the good things in my life. I don't pray or read my Bible. I don't meditate on Him or thank Him for the blessings all around me. But then the trial comes and I am brought to my knees. I become desperately aware of my need for Him. I cry out and He delivers me only to bring me back to my self absorbed pursuits, and again I forget Him.

I hope, one day to be the man who lives for the Lord in the good times and the bad. I hope I can remember to draw near to Him when I am distracted by all the toys that He lets me play with. I hope the roller coaster gets a little less crazy and that I find my stability in the simple discipline of drawing near to Him each day.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. James 4:8

1 comment:

  1. Wow... Not many these days being honest about the humanity we ALL battle each and every day in our Spirits!

    Thanks man... Honesty is ALWAYS refreshing... And? Me too.

    ReplyDelete